Thornhill Lees within reach of title

THORNHILL LEES have one hand on the Heavy Woollen Sunday League Premier Division crown after seeing off title rivals St John Fisher 6-3.

Scott Hargreaves led the way with a hat-trick, Lee Brook, James Wilson and Nathan Kemp finalising the league-leaders’ tally as Rob Boardman (2) and Niall Kelly replied for Fisher.

Elsewhere, Chickenley climbed away from the relegation zone as Shaun McDaid (2) and Sean Housecroft netted in a 3-2 success at West End, who hit back in vain through Paul Smith and Tom Nixon.

Woodman Batley Carr look safe following a 5-1 hammering of bottom side Pack Horse.

Andrew Pickles bagged a hat-trick, Neil Pickles and Alex Pickles pouring on further

misery, with Jonathan Irving hitting Horse’s consolation.

Dewsbury Rangers sealed the Championship title with a 4-1 win over Gomersal, while Overthorpe Sports Club look to have secured second spot after crushing relegated Scholes Athletic 13-2.

Mirfield Town are giving chase, though, having edged Taylor 3-2.

And, further town the table, Oakwell Motel emerged as 3-2 winners over Hartshead.

Northorpe United stretched their lead at the Division One summit to six points after a 6-1 demolition of Batley Irish Nash.

Second-placed St John Fisher Reserves thrashed Bay Horse East Ardsley 8-1, Barr Street whitewashed Birkenshaw Reserves 10-0 and Railway East Ardsley thumped Rising Sun Liversedge 8-2.

Five points clear and in control of Division Two, White Horse hammered Mirfield Town Reserves 7-1.

Mount Pleasant were narrow 2-1 winners at Punch Bowl, Heckmondwike Sports Club battered Snowdon 8-0 and it was a similar outcome for bottom club Rose of York who fell to a 9-0 loss at the hands of Black Horse.

Brave Battyeford bow out in semis

BATTYEFORD suffered HEAVY WOLLEN CHALLENGE CUP  heartache as they went down 5-0 at the hands of holders Birkenshaw in last Sunday’s semi-final.

Jonjo Haley scored twice for Birkenshaw, who secured their triumph thanks to further goals from Michael Smith, Joel Farrar and Paul Smith in a one-sided last-four affair at Overthorpe.

Share this post