Rangers go clear in Division Two

With all Premier and Division One clubs playing in the county cups or being victims of the wet weather, it was left to the lower divisions to fly the flag in the Heavy Woollen Sunday League.
Dewsbury Rangers moved three points clear at the top of Division Two after doubles from Jack Phethean and Jamie Beever, plus one from Danny Laidlaw, helped them win 51 at home to FC Woodman (Craig Fryer).
St Ignatius moved up to fifth after they won 43 at Taylor FC.
Alex Spurr led the way with two goals, with further strikes coming from Adrian  Wilson and Tim Blackburn.
The game marked the 400th appearance of St Ignatius’ Andrew King, who first turned out for the club in September 1989.
Liversedge Albion lie sixth after they won 62 against Ravenswharfe (Steve Smith, Robert Stenhowe).
Railway East Ardsley maintained their 100 per cent record in Division Three as Mark Aspin, Mark Williamson and Steve Nicholls each bagged doubles in a 73 win at Queens Hotel.
Simon Barraclough completed Railway’s scoring.
Batley Irish Nash lie second on goal difference after a 53 win at Crown Leeds Road Reserves (Jamie Baulk, Michael Chadwick and Michael Smith).
Barr Street won 82 at AFC Bulls Head thanks to strikes from Josh Rodgers and Dwayne Wilkinson (two each), Anthony Furey, Craig Winteringham and Dean Tafangombe.
The result puts Barr Street third.
Paul Featherstone and Matthew Merriman netted for Bulls Head, who remain bottom of the league.
West End Rangers are fourth after Ryan Russell (two), Jamie Sands, Ashley Barnes, Alistair Drew and Danny Martin scored in their 61 win over Batley Celtics (Paul Hathaway).
Fifthplaced Thornhill FC recorded the day’s highest score, winning 140 at Snowden FC.
James Riley and Adam Nicholls led the way with hattricks, there were two apiece for Ryan Lee and Chace Quinn, with Aaron Carr, Sean Carney, Ryan Pygott and an own goal completing the rout.
Heckmondwike Sports Club battled hard for a 31 win at Overthorpe Town Reserves, with Mark Claughton, Adam Cooper and Richard Cope finding the back of the net for the away side. Town replied through a Michael Ellis penalty.

Share this post