Birkenshaw book semi spot with emphatic win

Birkenshaw progressed to the semifinals of the Heavy Woollen Challenge Cup after hammering Hartshead 91.
Michael Smith and Joel Farrar both struck hattricks, with Luke Barker, Paul Smith and Andrew Wood completing Birkenshaw’s tally.
Ben Smith hit Hartshead’s consolation. Dale Hanson and Matthew Bugg were Navigation’s scorers as they beat Littletown 21, Micky Hutton replied for Littletown.
Woodman Batley Carr and West End were locked at 33 after extra time, Joel Clegg, Paul Smith and Tom Nixon netting for West End who won on a penalty shootout.
St John Fisher’s reserve side were in action in the Heavy Woollen Challenge Trophy second round, and ended up winning 86 against Gomersal after extra time.
Lee Davey led the way with four goals, Dominic Simpson bagged a double, with Lee Wood and Jake Gibson netting one apiece for Fisher.
Ashley Hill also hit four goals as Overthorpe Town won 61 at Batley Celtics.
Lewis Ward and Chris Goodair scored the others, with Robert Fleming hitting Celtics’ consolation.
Batley Irish Nash won 61 at Punch Bowl thanks to four goals from Sean Housecroft, and one each courtesy of Ben Endeacott and Michael Wilson.
Jamie Beever and Dean Allpress each hit doubles in Dewsbury Rangers’ 42 win over Bay Horse East Ardsley, who replied through Adrian Walker and Craig Liversidge. FC Pack Horse had Johnny Irving, Jamie Newby and Sam Buswell to thank for their goals in a 40 win at Mount Pleasant.
Birkenshaw Reserves also progressed as Tom Smith, Jordan Tailford and Adam Harvey all scored in a 42 win over Barr Street.
Ricky Naylor hit both goals as Queens Hotel edged out Overthorpe Town Reserves 21, Tristran Kennedy relying for the visitors.
Rising Sun won 30 at Thornhill FC thanks to strikes from Danny Gannon, Jack Oldroyd and Luke Turner.
In the Premier Division, Thirsty Man and Thornhill Lees shared the points in a thrilling 44 draw.
Elliott Williams hit a hattrick for Thirsty Man, who also had Aiden Schofield on target.
Scott Hargreaves fired a hattrick for Lees, who’s tally was completed by Stephen Brook. Thirst Man now lie in third place.
Oakwell Motel strengthened their second place in the Championship after Gary Foley and debutant Ashley Peel both scored in a 21 win over AFC Chickenley.
Oakwell now lie one point behind leaders Birkenshaw. Tom Wilks netted a brace as thirdplaced Mirfield Town won 41 against Birstall St Patricks. Adam Barnes and Richard Hodgson bagged the others, with Rob Hartley hitting Birstall’s consolation. The game between Scholes Athletic and New Scarborough fell victim to the weather.
In Division One, FC Woodman moved up to third place after an emphatic 80 win over St Ignatius.
John McNamara and Andy Griffiths both hit hattricks for Woodman, whilst Jonathan Ginnelly weighed in with a brace. Taylor FC won 63 against Hightown, a result that sees them up to fourth spot.
Ashraf Lakhi led the way with a double, with Ahmed Seedat, Ebrahim Seedat, Haroon Lambat and Ebrahim Daji also on the scoresheet. Hightown replied through Dean Commins and Jonathan Asquith.
Only one game was played in Division Two and it was the leaders Railway East Ardsley who won 31 against bottom side Heckmondwike to extend their lead to eleven points.
Mark Williamson, who scored twice, and Aidan Emmerson netted for Railway, with Ben McArdle replying for the visitors.
Meanwhile, Battyeford Reserves extended their lead in Division Three to eight points following a 40 win at second place White Horse.
Jonathan Mitchell, Elliott Walker, Tim Bruce and Matty Evans scored for Barryeford.
Snowden celebrated their first win of the season with a convincing 72 win at Chinewood Rovers.
Ismail Salu and Shakeel Pandor both bagged doubles for Snowden,  Abdullah Badat, Liyakat Badat and Bilal Badat on the scoresheet.

Share this post